Wednesday 18 March 2009

SFA LP OK

After many long days, nights and weeks I've finally finished the artwork for the new Super Furry Animals 9th (I know!!) LP Dark Days/Light Years. I've been collaborating with the legendary Japanese psychedelic art maestro Keiichi Tanaami on the covers in a transcontinental brain meld via cosmic thermailoids. It was quite a commute let me tell you. The first taste of the collaboration can be viewed on the Super Furry Animals download page with the rest of the artwork exploding onto the on coming formats available mid April.
There are also plans afoot for an exhibition of the artwork produced for SFA and new collaborative pieces possibly in Japan quite soon. More news to follow on that one....

For those who dig SFA, hope you enjoy the LP and the artwork, it's been on high and I rotation at Monsterism HQ for some time.
Here's the 'packshot' as a teaser...I'll just mention gatefolds, ahem...

2 comments:

oblong said...

Looking forward to the physical release of this album, just wondering if its worth getting one format over another, you know, for the artwork like...?

Cherry White said...

Veryy nice blog you have here